Tuesday 25 March 2014

Fox pattern

I've had this pattern idea in my head for months now and finally got round to adding it to paper. I was inspired by the painted patterns inside the temples I visited in Thailand and wanted to make a more modern pattern with a cute style. This was the first time I've ever tried to design my own pattern and it wasn't easy! It took me way longer than expected  but I struggled through until I was happy with the design.


I started the designing in my sketchbook, with the idea my final piece would be hand drawn. After going round in circles and not getting anywhere I decided to complete the design in Photoshop and Illustrator. Here is the pattern repeated, very pleased with how this came out :)


I have realised that every design and drawing I have done is really taking a long time to complete. I feel so out of practise and really regretting the fact I haven't done much creatively in the last few years. But, I can change that now..........to more work! 

No comments:

Post a Comment