Tuesday 25 March 2014

Fox pattern continued......


I really enjoyed designing the fox pattern but as i spent so much time on the computer i was ready for a hand drawn project. I had intended to complete the final piece by hand so i thought why not just extend the project and complete both computer and hand draw design. I really enjoyed completing this and zoning out for a few hours drawing the small lined detail, its really therapeutic. I used only 5 coloured pencils for the leaf work and this was all drawn by hand, as well as the fox. I decided to complete the frame with plain cut out paper as i liked the contrast of the detailed linework vs plain flat coloured paper. I think this will make a nice print if I scanned in at better quality, which will hopefully be soon. I have plans to buy a new shiny A3 printer/scanner sometime soon........ hurry up pay day!


I'm having a break from this project for the time being, but i do have more plans for it! I already have a walrus repeated pattern sketch (he's so cute!!) and ideas for other characters. Im also think I could use this pattern for a cushion or necklace design and make a whole collection from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment