Monday 9 March 2015

Spoonflower competition

A few weeks ago I entered a 'Mythical creature plushie pattern' competition run by Spoonflower. This was the first time I've entered, first time making a plushie pattern and first time completing an Illustration on Illustrator! I hugely enjoyed making this and actually enjoyed working in Illustrator (think it's the first time I've not got annoyed with the program!) I decided to design a Sasquatch, was tempted to do down the unicorn route but wanted to do something a little different. I was so happy with how my design came out!



I already have plans to expand on this with screenprinting and new products, I even have a cute Yeti friend. I was also really pleased with the results as i had 152 votes (all from complete strangers as I didn't advertise on social media)  and some really sweet comments and although i didn't get anywhere near the top ten..... it still made me very happy! Especially as it's my first Spoonflower comp. It's also given me a lot more confidence in my work and to push myself more.
You can check out the other entries here, there are so many good ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment